What are the practical things you should do in case you’re caught in a car accident? It’s natural for anyone to feel jittery and edgy right after the incident, especially if it’s a severe condition. However, this is not an excuse for you not to do the things you need to do and avoid doing things which could harm your case. Remember that cases like this would require you to get medical help and you would want to avoid potential hassles. In case you don’t get the proper medical assistance, you can always get help from reliable medical malpractice lawyers. Here are some practical do’s and dont’s:
- Seek medical help immediately – You or any other passenger involved in the accident will need a medical certificate to be able to get financial compensation from the insurance company of the other vehicle owner. If you don’t, the other driver will have a reason to claim that you don’t need compensation at all because it is not officially declared that you’re hurt. In case you have been refused appropriate help in a medical facility, consult with trial-tested medical malpractice lawyers who can fight for your rights.
- Contact the police as soon as possible – After you have checked for any physical harm, call the police so you can give your official statement. Provide all necessary information. It’s also crucial for you to take pictures of the scene as proof of the severity of damages caused by the accident. If there are any witnesses, try to get their names and request for a statement, which your official car crash attorney may need in handling your case.
- Notify your insurance company – Once you have all facts and details in place, inform your car insurance company immediately. Cooperate with them as best as you can. If you have reported about inefficient medical assistance and have contacted medical malpractice lawyers to help you, be sure to notify your insurance company too. Don’t forget to provide all necessary paperwork to help speed up the investigation process.
- Don’t speak with the other party’s insurance company before you speak to your lawyer – It’s natural for you to want to contact the other driver’s insurance company immediately, but make sure that you have first spoken with at least one of the most trustworthy car crash attorneys in your area. Most insurance companies aim to pay as little in claims as they can, and you may be given less than what is due.
- Don’t make small talk about the accident – It’s tempting to talk about the accident to just about any witness in the scene but be wary of the information you give them. Just ask what they have observed and avoid giving away details that may be detrimental to your case. Remember that even the most experienced of car wreck attorneys would have a difficult time fighting for your case if you have already caused some irreparable damage in the first place.
Remember these “do’s and dont’s” and share it with everyone you know. If you need help with any car accident case, check out https://www.cmtriallawyers.com/areas-of-law/nashville-medical-malpractice-lawyers/. They have a team of experienced trial lawyers that can assist you with legal matters related to vehicle accidents.